School time has started and busy schedules have set it. So fall weeknight meals, need to be quick, hearty and delicious! This Sausage Tomato Pasta fits right in!
Fall is inching its way around the corner. School is in full swing. Extra curricular activities are monopolizing our time. So who has time to cook?
I’m a stay at home mom, but there are a lot who are not. So it’s not easy getting an easy dinner on the table. Pasta is one of those dishes that can be made in just about 30 minutes.
There are a lot of tips and tricks you can use to make your process go quicker. Here are just a few!
- Have the water already sitting in the pot waiting for you when you walk through the door.
- Use fresh ingredients that can be easily diced and thrown over the final product.
- Prep any ingredients you are using in your post ahead of time.
- Have a salad to go along side the pasta dish and then you have a complete fill meal.
- Have your table set. I do this a lot in the mornings I know I will be out all day. It saves time for later and it is one less thing I have to worry about when I am cooking!
For this Sausage Tomato Pasta I diced my brats before I cooked them to make them cook faster. When they were half way done I added my tomatoes. At the very end I added the olives and Parmesan cheese! Simple, yet classic, and ready in 30 minutes! ENJOY!
Sausage Tomato Pasta
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta
- sea salt
- 3 bratwurst sausages diced
- 1/2 pint tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup spanish olives
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sea salt and pasta and cook for 10-11 minutes or till al dente.
In the meantime prepare the sauce.
Using a large pan, turn heat on medium and add brats.
Cook for a 10 minutes, stirring often.
Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
When pasta is done cooking drain and pour into a large bowl.
Top with sausage and tomato sauce. Add olives.
Serve immediately and ENJOY!