Hi all! Rina here. For those of you that are new to WLOW, I blog over at I Thee Cook. It is strictly a cooking blog where I sometimes give you a little blurb about my life.
Speaking about life. We are just so busy running the kids around easy meals like this Chicken Sausage, Potato, and Pepper Bake are perfect for the busy cook. Not to mention it’s a one pot meal. Who doesn’t love that. No muss, no fuss, and hardly any clean up. Chicken sausage is a great alternative to the fatty pork sausage. This is such an easy dish to make, Just make sure you cut everything the same size to ensure even cooking! See you guys next month!
Chicken Sausage, Potato and Pepper Bake
- 1.5 pounds about 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 2 bell peppers seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound Italian chicken sausage cut each link into 6-7 slices
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil, crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder. Mix well to be sure everything is coated. Pour into the prepared baking dish and place in the center of the oven; bake for 15 minutes.
Add the sausage to the baking dish with the potatoes and vegetables. Bake, tossing once or twice, for 25-35 minutes, or until your potatoes are cooked through.