Hi WLOW fans – Deb here from Cooking on the Front Burner back with a comfort cookie. Do you think cookies can be comforting? I do! Recently someone I work with admitted their mom in the hospital for a surgical procedure and the family members were coming from out of town. I wanted to put together a goodie bag with some treats I thought they might enjoy. These Mega Chocolate Chip Cookies came to mind as they are made with big chocolate chunks, pecans, and old fashioned oatmeal. I whipped up a batch and delivered them to the hospital.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 11.5 ounce semisweet mega morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans that have been toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Beat the sugars with the butter until creamy then add the eggs and vanilla; beating well
- Lightly spoon the flour in measuring cup and level with knife
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir well then mix in oatmeal
- Gently stir in morsels and pecans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a small cookie scoop (~ 2 tbls) to place dough onto the paper
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on edges
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes then remove on wire rack to finish cooling
- Note - to toast pecans place in a small frying pan and cook over medium heat until light brown or fragrant
I’m happy to report the surgery was a success as well as these cookies.
Now you can enjoy this recipe and grab a big-o-glass of ice cold milk and you are all set! My favorite way to enjoy them is about 2 minutes out of the oven when the chips are gooey and warm. Now that is comfort!!
See you in July with another recipe!