Happy Spaghetti Day everyone! I’m so excited to be sharing this dish with you today. It has so many of my favorite things – ground beef, pasta, cream cheese, french fried onions. YUM!! Grab a fork and let’s eat!
Creamy Baked Spaghetti
Author: Salad in a Jar
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 26.5 ounce can spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3½ tablespoons milk
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- French’s fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook ground beef until browned. Drain excess grease. Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and heat.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add milk, cream cheese and onion powder, heat until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Stir occassionally.
- In a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish. Then layer with spaghetti, then cream cheese mixture – spreading evenly over the top, more spaghetti sauce, and then parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Top with French’s fried onions – as much as you like, and bake 5 minutes more. ”This is the secret ingredient – don’t let them burn.”
Make this ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze without the French’s fried onions.