Cookies are just about my favorite thing. They take a while to bake, rotating batch after batch in the oven, but when everything is said and done it’s totally worth it. These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are no exception. They’re little comforting bites that remind you of being a kid again. I just love them!
I could use a few cookies this week. We’ve got something going on every night. Drum practice, baseball game, wedding menu tasting, awards ceremony. I could swear there’s something on Saturday, but I think I’ve blocked it from my mind. As busy as it’s going to be there is a pseudo date night in there and super yummy food fun. I think I’ll live.
I think I’ll bake up another batch of these cookies for my dad this week. He’s babysitting the boys for date night, and peanut butter cookies are his favorite. When I made these cookies, I only put chocolate chip in half to see which way I liked them better. Even though chocolate chip cookies are my all time weakness, I preferred these cookie without the chips…but they’re good both ways. Grab the milk and let’s have a cookie!
- I cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Sil-Pat.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl, and add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined and smooth. Add peanut butter and mix to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and rolled oats. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 2 additions, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in by hand with a large spoon or spatula.
- Portion dough by the tablespoon full onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are set and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.