This light and tasty Chickpea Pasta Salad combines chickpeas, pasta, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions, it makes a great side dish to any meal!
Now that Spring is here and the weather has started to turn for warmer temperatures I thought it was the perfect time to share a nice pasta salad you can have as a light lunch or serve along side your next grilled dinner.
- 16 oz sea shell pasta, cooked according to box directions
- One 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce packet of Italian dressing mix
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and Italian dressing mix.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the pasta salad and toss well to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve.
- Store remaining salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Love a good pasta salad, try one of these recipes soon: