This Blackberry Cherry Galette combines the sweetness of blackberries and the tartness of cherries together in a lime infused crust that makes this rustic tart a perfect breakfast or dessert!
Hello WLOW readers! I’m Emily from It Bakes Me Happy and I am super excited to be a Breakfast/Dessert contributor here on Julie’s fabulous blog this year. A little about me before we get to the goods: I have been blogging for a little over 4 years now, mostly sweets but I do eat real food too, so I like to share a little of that as well. I am a wife and mother of two. I worked 5 years in advertising as a graphic designer before becoming a stay at home mom. My days are busy taking care of the kids in between which I like to do my baking and blogging. I hail from sunny Florida and love the sun, spending time outdoors and baking of course.
Today I am sharing one of my favorite kinds of recipes, a galette. I love them so much because they are super easy to make, look impressive and can be served as a breakfast or dessert. I thought it was only fitting today to start my recipe sharing with a two-for one kind fruit treat. This Blackberry Cherry Galette makes a perfect breakfast when served with a dollop of Greek yogurt and drizzled in a bit of honey. It also makes an equally delicious dessert served up warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Until next time, I hope you’ll enjoy this galette; happy baking!
- ½ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1 Tbs ice water
- ¾ c blackberries
- ¾ c cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the lime juice and ice water, using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Shape the dough into a round and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you mix the filling.
- In a small bowl add the blackberries, cherries, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, corn starch and lime juice; stir gently to combine.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about ¼″ thick and place on the parchment lined pan.
- Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about ½".
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 20-23 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
If you love baking with fruit, here are a couple of more recipes you should try!