Dinner just got a little easier with this set and forget Balsamic & Red Pepper Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with potatoes recipe!
Our crock pot is one of my favorite dinner tools. With a little prep in the morning or afternoon, I can have dinner on the table with next to no effort and minimal dishes. You just need the right ingredients to make a delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy! This Balsamic & Red Pepper Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin is an all in one dinner that’s great along side a simple salad. Just throw everything in your slow cooker and you’re in business!
Since Mike is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, I decided to keep things relatively basic for this dish. Pork tenderloin, red potatoes, garlic, bell peppers, and a yummy sauce. My favorite thing about slow cooker dinners is how amazing the house smells, and this recipe does not disappoint! I started this dish in the afternoon, and the first thing Mike said when he got in the door was how good whatever I was cooking smelled. SCORE! The other great things about this meal is that it’s c-h-e-a-p, cheap! For each serving, it’s about $4.50 and that’s if you’re buying brand new bottles of both dressings!
When everything came out of the crock pot, it was magic. The pork tenderloin was fork tender, and Mike went off about it to one of our friends the next day. He promptly asked for a serving of the leftovers and was sold too. I like serving this dish family style when we have friends over and eat al fresco. This pork tenderloin will be the star of the show and have everyone asking for the recipe!
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 red potatoes, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine both roasted red pepper and balsamic vinaigrette in a bowl. Pour 2/3 of the vinaigrette mixture into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the hot skillet. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well seared and brown.
- Place tenderloin in the crock pot, and turn it so all sides get coated in the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle the pork with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes around the tenderloin.Then add the bell pepper and garlic cloves on top of the potatoes. Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over all the ingredients, focusing on coating the meat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW or 7 - 8 hours.
- Uncover the crock pot and transfer to pork to a cutting board. Allow to the pork rest while you prepare the sauce. Then, cut the tenderloin into 1/4-inch slices.
- Remove the potatoes, bell pepper, and garlic to a serving bowl. Smash the garlic and mix everything together.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl with a fork. Pour this mixture into the sauce in the crock pot and whisk to combine.
- You can plate this dish onto individual dinner plates, or serve it family style with the pork tenderloin in the middle of a platter surrounded by the potatoes and peppers. Transfer the sauce to a gravy boat and spoon it over the pork for serving.