Are you ready to start the bacon month recipe magic? I sure am. When I originally thought of doing bacon moth it was just going to be something fun for me. No big deal. Just my love for bacon. When I mentioned it in passing at the brunch week twitter party, a couple gals got interested, and then a couple more.
I thought about making this a big full blown event, with sponsors and giveaways and such, but that was just way too much to lock down in 2 months. So we’re saving the fireworks for next year. But I was lucky enough to have 9 other bloggers join me this month in celebrating their love of bacon. You can see all of the Bacon Month recipes being shared by checking out the links at the bottom of this post. The list will grow through out the month. Oh happy bacon-ness.
I’m going to challenge you to open your mind a little today. The first thing I decided to make for Bacon Month was this milkshake. Butter pecan and bacon just screamed “Marry Us!” to me. Sweet, a little nutty, smokey from the bacon – fab. This shake is really good. Like really really good. The only thing is that the little bits of bacon and pecans can get stuck in your straw. So you need a super wide straw or just sip it out of the glass like a big kid.
One Year Ago: Southwest Egg Rolls with Avocado-Lime Ranch
- 3 scoops Butter Pecan ice cream
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crispy and broken into large pieces
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- Place ice cream and bacon in a blender. Pour in 1/3 cup milk.
- Blend ingredients. Pause and use a spoon as needed to redistribute ingredients. If shake is too thick, add more milk 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour shake into a tall glass and enjoy.