Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding is a rich and decadent dessert that everyone loves and it’s so easy to make!
I have a crush on croissants. They’re buttery, flaky, and they make me smile, anytime I eat one. However, I rarely ever buy them. I really should do it more often, though. So I did…for brunch week!
I grabbed a box at my local store (yay for $5 Fridays!) along with a big bag of chocolate chips because croissants and chocolate are best friends. And you know what happened? The most epic brunch dish ever! This bread pudding is crazy good. It’s rich and decadent from the cream and croissants with these great pops of semi-sweet chocolate. I bet dark chocolate would be even more amazing in this recipe. That’s totally the excuse I need to make it again, chocolate sampling.
See all the other #BrunchWeek recipes being shared at the blogs below by clicking the links.
Brunch Recipes with Eggs
Asparagus and Leek Frittata by Rachel Cooks
Baked Ham and Egg Cups by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Deviled Egg Spread with Home Rolled Crackers by Vanilla Lemonade
Veggie Quiche Cups by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Asparagus and Eggs in Mornay Sauce by Noshing With The Nolands
Brunch Recipes with Potatoes
Traditional Home Fries by Sarcastic Cooking
Meat, Poultry and Fish Brunch Recipes
Chicken Pockets by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Turkey Dill Crepes by Kokocooks
Bread, Grains, Cereals, and Pancake-type Yums
Cherry Coconut Granola by Katie’s Cucina
Brioche by poet in the pantry by poet in the pantry
Gold Goddess Steel Cut Oats by The Vintage Cook
Quick and Easy Early Morning Parfaits by Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramelized Onion & Bacon Croque Monsieur by The Kitchen Prep
Fruit and Vegetable Brunch Recipes
Warm Salad Three Ways by Cook the Story
Spreads for Brunch
Black & Blue Thyme Jam by Cooking In Stilettos
Brunch Dessert Recipes
Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins by Love and Confections
Banana Walnut Scone (Gluten Free/Dairy Free) by Around My Family Table
Honey Poached Pear “Sundae” by Amanda’s Apron
Strawberries and Cream Muffins by The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook
Lemon Poke Cake by Real Housemoms
Hungry for more #BrunchWeek?
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 croissants, torn into 1″ pieces (or 9 mini-croissants)
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until combined.
- Add croissant pieces to the bowl and use a wooden spoon to stir everything together. Make sure all of the bread pieces are moistened.
- Add almost all of the chocolate chips to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the bread pudding with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the pudding has set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the bread starts to brown too much, loosely cover the baking dish with foil.)
- Serve warm or at room temperature. This bread pudding is really good with a little Crème Anglaise or vanilla ice cream on top too.