It’s freaking HOT in Arizona. I couldn’t think of anything better to do today than make some popsicles with the boys to cool off and have a little fun!
In my house there is a die hard separation of state – Otto is chocolate and Eddie is Strawberry…for anything. But mostly their tastes are defined by chocolate and strawberry milk. While Eddie digs chocolate too, Otto is anti-strawberry. These pops blew Eddie’s mind. Chocolate and strawberry together in a happy frozen pop of joy?!? Yes! Otto insisted on some straight up chocolate pudding pops for himself and Mike, and it’s not like I could tell him no. So Eddie and I got our Chocolate Covered Strawberry on and Otto got his chocolate fix!
- One 3.9 ounce package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 5 to 6 strawberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until completely incorporated.
- Remove stems from strawberries, and cut them in half vertically.
- Place one strawberry half in the bottom of a popsicle mold, cut side out. Fill mold with enough pudding to cover the strawberry. Place another strawberry into the mold, cut side out, and top with pudding. Repeat until mold is filled. Place popsicle stick into mold. Repeat with remaining popsicle molds.
- Place popsicle mold in freezer for 5 hours. Run molds under hot water for a minute to loosen the popsicles. Remove popsicles from mold and enjoy!