I thought I was about time I made good on my promise to share the details on the Mix CD from my Last Twenty Something giveaway. But first, I’m going to tantalize your taste buds with my birthday food journey.
First up, breakfast with Mom at JP Pancake. This place is outrageous and their specialty is oven- baked pancakes.
Mom got the Banana pancakes. I got the German (above). A little powdered sugar, lemon juice and JP’s amazing pancake recipe were all I needed to be happy – okay, maybe I had some bacon too.
Lunch was at Teakwoods. It’s our favorite place and our absolute go to whenever Mike and I can figure out a lunch date.
Mike ordered off menu, his favorite “to order” T-Mels. I got the nachos with chicken – minus the jalapenos and tomato. Doesn’t this look awesome! I love the chili.
I have to gush a little too. My mom hooked me up with some Amazon gift cards a I went crazy. Happy dessert cookbooks. Popsicle mold, every mom should have one. And…
the kitchen utensil I have been coveting for years – a microplane. I’m so HAPPY!!
Spending days out eating amazing food is the best. No dishes and worth the money.
On to the CD.
Just is case Kim is wondering what I sent to assault her ear drums…the playlist.
The Last Twenty Something Mix
- Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
- The Postal Service – Such Great Heights
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Maps
- Iron & Wine – Flightless Bird, American Mouth
- The Airborne Toxic Event – All For a Woman
- Mumford & Sons – The Cave
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- Sara McAllister – In My Life
- Queens of the Stone Age – The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
- No Doubt – New
- Mika – Grace Kelly
- Jimmy Eat World – A Praise Chorus
- Stereophonics – Dakota
- The Airborne Toxic Event – Missy
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Turn Into
- The Pouges – Dirty Old Town — I figured Kim being Ohio would get the Irish reference 😉
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Breaking the Girl
- The Joy Formidable – Cradle
- Queens of the Stone Age – Go With the Flow
- The Joy Formidable – Whirring
- Foo Fighters – The Pretender
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I hope you’re loving the goodies I sent Kim!!
Thanks again to everyone who entered and sent birthday love.
I can’t wait to see what 30 brings next year.