Today I give you all my most favorite side salad to order – EVER. I dream about this salad. It was my pregnancy craving with Otto. It’s a testament that simple food can get the job done! I don’t share this salad and I stab fingers that reach for my bacon with my fork.
You’ve been warned.
Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Author: All Recipes
Serves: 1 salad
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce head
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Crumbled bacon, cooked crispy
- In a medium bowl, smash together 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese and buttermilk until it is the consistency of large curd cottage cheese.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let dressing set for 5 minutes to let flavors marry.
- Place lettuce on a plate “pointy” side up. Drizzle with dressing. Top with crumbled blue cheese and bacon. Die and go to heaven.