My head is on over drive for the blog. Here’s the To-Do list:
- A handful of product review ops came to my inbox. YAY! So there will be some great new products I’m trying first hand to share with soon. I’m really excited. I said yes because they are products worth trying, not for goods/money. That’s secondary to “is this right for me and my readers?”
- I’m putting together the AZ meet up for Online BlogCon. Remind me why I’m this crazy. 😉
- I have a Graco sponsored event to attend later this month.
- I’m putting together a surprise for next month (you’re gonna love it!!) and coordinating co-hosts.
- I’m co-hosting Must Try Monday over at My Favorite Finds one week this month and helping with a giveaway for Carrie.
- I have a Fisher-Price giveaway starting tomorrow. COME BACK TOMORROW!
- I’m trying to figure out a Halloween costume. Okay, this isn’t for the blog, but it’s consuming brain power. Help!?!?
- There’s another giveaway to put together for next week.
- We’re looking for a new rental house. Again not blog related, but necessarily and emotionally draining when the house you want is gone the next day.
I’ve been dreaming of this pasta for a few months now. I finally got off my butt and made it. I’m so so so happy I did. It’s totally delicious. The lemon gives these little bright pops of happiness and mellows out the richness. Mike’s reaction to this pasta: “Holy f%*#balls your cooking is amazing!” That’s how you know it’s good.
- 16 ounces medium shells (or other short pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 10 ounces spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain excess moisture.
- 13.5 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook pasta al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and drain pasta; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, lemon juice, lemon zest, onion powder and garlic. Mix to combine. Add pasta a mix to coat pasta.
- Stir in spinach, artichokes, pasta water, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Place mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until top is golden brown.
I served the pasta along side of a chicken breast topped with some Parmesan, lemon zest and a little squeeze of lemon juice.