You guys. It’s August. Yeah. Weird right?!? Summer is on it’s way out, at least in my head it is. It’s still really hot here, but I’m already thinking about pumpkin a little bit. Summer, fall, or otherwise slow cooker dinners are one of my favorite things to make. I can set it and forget it and at the end of the day we have a delicious meal to eat – like this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Potatoes.
I love the smell of food cooking and permeating all through the house. It makes me hungry. It gives me that feeling of satisfaction that I’m cooking for my boys. Not to mention having the stove off is the best thing ever in 100 degree weather.
This dish is great! Everything cooks together for a delicious flavor. It uses less expensive chicken thighs, o you can feed the family (or have lots of leftovers for the week) for less. And the sauce is really yummy! It got two thumbs up at my house, and I bet your family will love it too!
- 6 skinless, bone in chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 large red potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- One 10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Set it to HIGH.
- Remove ends and seeds from bell pepper, and dice. Wash potatoes, cut in half, and then cut into thin slices. Place the peppers and then potatoes into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle paprika over the chicken thighs, and rub to spread the seasoning evenly.
- Layer 3 chicken thighs on top of the potatoes. Portion half the soup over the thighs and spread to coat. Layer the remaining 3 thighs on top and then coat with remaining soup.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken, potatoes, and peppers to a dish; set aside.
- Add flour to cooking liquids, and whisk until there are no clumps. Add cheese, and stir until melted. Add Worcestershire sauce, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate the chicken, potatoes, and pepper. Spoon sauce over everything, and garnish with parsley.