This post is sponsored by the Arizona Milk Producers. All opinions are 100% my own.
Slow Cooker Blueberry Almond Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start your day!
Some mornings I just feel stuck for breakfast. I don’t want to give the kids cereal, but I don’t really want to cook either. That’s right, some mornings I’m lazy mom. Luckily I found this amazing recipe from Yummy Healthy Easy and now I’m serving up a healthy breakfast that takes next to no effort!
The combination of blueberries and almonds has always been a favorite of mine. They go together like peas and carrots but in a delicious breakfast and dessert kind of way. And since I usually wake up a good 2 hours before the rest of the house, I can pop this oatmeal in the slow cooker and it’s ready in time for breakfast. Easy, filling, and everyone absolutely loves it!
With June Dairy Month going on I thought it the perfect time to share this recipe for a calcium packed breakfast that will start your family’s day right. Everyone, young and old, can Fuel Up Like Team USA with milk! Then head on over to the arizonamilk.org website and enter to win all kinds of cool Olympic gear and support The Great American Milk Drive. My kids are excited to watch the Olympics this year and winning some fun swag would make it even better! Winners are chosen daily, and one lucky winner will be chosen in July to receive an Olympic themed prize pack and year’s supply of dairy products!
What is your favorite breakfast recipe to fuel up your family and get them ready to take on the day?
- 2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set to LOW heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the rolled oats.
- Add the blueberries and almonds* and stir to combine. Pour the oatmeal mixture into your slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the top of the oatmeal begins to brown and most of the milk has been absorbed.
- Portion the oatmeal into bowls and serve immediately.
Inspired by Slow Cooker Peach Oatmeal from Yummy Healthy Easy