Hello again everyone! I am Lisa from Cooking with Curls, and I am back to share another fun cocktail with you!
The calender that is hanging on my wall, claims that summer is on it’s way. Like, a month away! Here is Eastern Iowa we have not had spring yet, so excuse me if I am skeptical. 😉 It is currently 50 degrees and raining outside, but the snow is long gone so I am not complaining. Well maybe just a little. I would really like to have sunshine sometime soon…..please!!
Let’s just go ahead and assume that summer is coming, and we need to fit into those shorts that are buried in the back of the closet. Or in Julie’s case, fit into a wedding dress!!
With that in mind, I bring you this Skinny Watermelon Martini. A slimmed down cocktail that you won’t feel guilty about enjoying. If you are one of those freaks of nature that never gains weight, go ahead and drink both. 😉
Traditionally, a martini would contain Gin and Vermouth. I do not like either of those ingredients, so my drink is made with Vodka and is served in a “martini” glass. That works, right?
There is no sugar or simple syrup, just a touch of honey and the natural sweetness of fruit. The cucumber adds a bit of volume, but not a lot of taste…..so don’t freak out when you read the ingredients!
- 1½ cups cubed and seeded watermelon
- ½ cup cubed and seeded cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 Tablespoons good quality vodka
- watermelon wedges to garnish
- Place watermelon, cucumber, honey and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend until liquefied.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the watermelon mixture and vodka.
- Shake, shake, shake to combine.
- Pour into chilled martini glasses and garnish with a watermelon wedge.
I will be back in July with another summer cocktail. Any suggestions?