Oh my gosh you guys. The giveaways I have going on today – just WOW! The big one is a KitchenAid Pro Stand Mixer. I got one two years ago for Christmas, her name is Louise, and she’s just the best thing ever. That giveaway is at the bottom of this post. But as an extra special treat I’m giving away a prize pack including some of my favorite brownie things.
This prize pack includes a copy of Fat Witch Brownies cookbook, super cute recipe cards to share your favorite brownie recipe from Tiny Farm Studio, a pair of stylish pot holders from Kitchen Stitch (’cause you’ve gotta look good while your taking them out of the oven), the Magic Morsel Dozen from Fairytale Brownies, and your own batch of the recipe below! With everything in this prize pack, you should be able to make, share, and eat brownies until your heart, tummy, and sweet tooth are content. Oh, and those Fairytale Brownies are amazing! I’ve had them a bunch of times in the last year and they are just FAB! There are so many flavors to choose from, and they last. I’ve found a stash hidden in a purse I hadn’t used in a month and it’s like they came right out of the oven. You know, in case you stash brownies too…
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Moving on. Today’s recipe is a treat I’ve been making for years and giving out to friends and family at Christmas. This brownie mix is always a hit. The best part is that it’s a great recipe to make with your kids. My boys love helping me color the sugar and layer all the ingredients. And since I just can’t help myself, you’ll have a jar of this brownie mix in your prize pack too. I want you to be able to eat, bake, and look for new brownie recipes all at once!
- 2 cups sugar
- Red & green food coloring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 clear glass quart mason jar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Divide sugar into two ziploc bags. Add two drops of red food coloring to one bag, and two drops of green food coloring to the other bag. Close the bags. Shake, smush, and rub the suagr around until it's evenly colored.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- Layer the dry ingredients in the mason jar in alternating colors: green sugar, ½ of the cocoa powder, ½ of the flour mixture, red sugar, remaining cocoa powder, remaining flour, and topping it all off with the chocolate chips. Close the jar with a tight lid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 13" x 9" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Cut into 12 pieces.
As promised, let get to that stand mixer! I’ve teamed up with 19 sweet bloggers to giveaway an amazing KitchenAid PRO Mixer.
There are three ways to play:
1) Visit all the blogs for a scavenger hunt to decode the Secret Holiday Message. You’ll want to visit everyone anyway because each blogger is giving away a brownie, cake pop, cookie, cupcake, or favorite baking supplies prize pack in addition to the stand mixer.
2) Leave a comment on this post telling me what you’d make with your brand new stand mixer.
3) Like the facebook pages of all the blogs hosting the giveaway.
KC Bakes | Hoopla Palooza | White Lights on Wednesday | Something Swanky
Haniela’s | Creative Juice | The Partiologist | The Decorated Cookie
Bella Cupcake Couture | Java Cupcake | Hungry Happenings | Texanerin Baking
A to Zebra Celebrations | Life Made Simple | Sugar Swings | Dieter’s Downfall
Pint Sized Baker | Pass the Sushi
**For whatever reason, my text link isn’t working, but if you click the KC Bakes button in the above collage, you’ll get to the right place.**
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED