You’ll never need another dip recipe once you try this crazy good Roasted Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Dip!
Oh my gosh you guys! This Roasted Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Dip recipe is insane! I don’t’ even know where to begin?! The cheesy goodness. roasted red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes lacing the entire dish, or the fact that it tastes best on toasted pieces of baguette. It’s heaven!
We went to Minnesota for my sister-in-law’s wedding a few summers ago. It was our boys’ first plane ride and they did awesomely. Eddie had two 1-minutemeltdowns, one each way, that were quickly cured with a gummy worm and Rick Astley. Don’t ask.
Mike’s sister and her wife ordered the wedding dinner from a local Italian restaurant and asked me to make the appetizers. Me?!?!?! YES!! I’d LOVE to!!! I emailed them a bunch of recipes ideas that I thought would pair well with the rest of the food. They picked their favorite, and it was game on for me.
I’m not trying to toot my own horn here, but this dip is all anyone at the wedding talked about. They said they could have skipped dinner, just eaten this dip, and been totally happy. How cool is that?!? I tend to agree with them. If you make this, everyone you know will love you. I had five different people ask me for the recipe before the dinner was even over. Yeah. It’s that level
Hungry for More?
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, about 1 1/2 peppers
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, onion, and garlic with a wooden spoon (or spatula) until evenly combined.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers; mix to combine.
- Add the mozzarella, Italian cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and stir until evenly mixed.
- Transfer the dip to your prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese all over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the dip bubbling around the edges. If you want the top golden, you can turn your oven to broil for 1-2 minutes until your desired color is reached.
- Carefully removed from the oven. Serve warm with crostini or Wheat Thins crackers.
Don't want to turn on the oven? Throw the all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.