Happy New Year WLOW fans! I’m happy to be back with some new desserts for you in 2014! Hope you all had a great holiday and saved some room for a bit of sweetness! First up for this year are these yummy Raspberry Bars.
I first had these at a friend’s house and I’m so lucky I got one! They were gone like greased lighting. Not only is there a raspberry filling but the topping has white chocolate chips and topped with slivered almonds. And the texture is soft and chewy…..a little piece is just perfect. Thanks to my friend Barb for sharing her recipe!
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; add 1 cup chips (do not stir the chips).
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Stir in by hand the chip mixture and almond extract.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. (note this batter layer is very thin so don’t be surprised by that – I was the first time!)
- Place jam in a small bowl and heat in microwave until warm then spread over warm crust.
- Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack completely then cut into bars.
While you might be watching your sweet intake now just around the corner is Valentine’s day. These would be a perfect treat to make for your family, friends, or that special someone!
Enjoy and see you next month!!