Hi, it’s a been a bit since I’ve been by and I’m excited today to be back sharing a new recipe! Tis the season you know – well not in the Christmas sense – heck it is way too early to be discussing the “C” word but it is peach season and I’m in love, especially with this Peach and Brie Flatbread.
While I don’t live in or near the peach capital of the world (South Carolina), I am able to get the most perfect peaches from my local Trader Joe’s. I love that they come in a box so they aren’t bruised and they are usually just a bit under ripe but in a day or two, they are just perfect! I’ve been creating a few recipes and this one is a definite keeper.
- Store bought flatbread
- Olive Oil
- 2 fresh peaches cut into ¼" wedges
- 3 oz. brie cheese
- ¼ cup slivered red onions
- Fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- Balsamic glaze (you can find this at Trader Joe's or make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar on the stove over medium heat; reduce ½ cup to ¼ cup)
- Heat gas grill on medium
- Brush one side of flatbread with some a bit of olive oil
- Place on grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes until light brown
- Remove and keep cooked side up
- Top with bits of the brie cheese and arrange peaches, place onions on flatbreads then sprinkle with S&P.
- Place back on grill and cook another 2-3 minutes until crust is light brown and cheese is melty.
- Remove and top with basil strips and drizzle with balsamic glaze
- Note: The amount of ingredients depends on the size of your flatbread. Mine were about 6" by 12"
My official taste tester is the DIY Guy. I wasn’t sure how he would react to a fruity type appetizer but he really enjoyed it and then went on to say it would be a perfect snack for when we have company over. Wow, nice compliment and I think I will be doing that. Let me know when you want to stop by!!