Welcome back to cookie dough week! If Monday’s posts we’re enough to get you grabbing you favorite mixing bowl, today’s recipes sure will. Especially my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait. Yeah, I went there.
So this parfait is kind of amazing. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m in love. It’s in your face cookie dough, but nice and light from the cinnamon whipped cream. I’m going to make these forever. If I’m having a no good, very bad day this is dessert I want to make everything better.
This parfait is everything I love about oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but without the wait to make batch after batch of cookies. Mini chocolate chips, rolled oats, cinnamon, cookie dough – yes! Seriously comfort food in a glass kids.
And this dessert got major points from the littles. They both begged me for a bite while I was photographing and once I ponied up, there was no getting the parfait or spoon away from them. Heck I was eating handfuls for just the cinnamon maple granola. SO freaking good! Please tell me you’ll make these as soon as you can. Then we’ll be besties.
Check out all the cookie dough week recipes being shared today.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Parfaits from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy for Crust
Cookie Dough Oreos from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos from The Gunny Sack
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from Back For Seconds
Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough Dip from Kitchen Meets Girl
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Tiramisu Grandbaby Cakes
Cookie Dough Doughnuts from The Domestic Rebel
Fried Dulce de Leche Cookie Dough from Simply Gloria
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Beyond Frosting
No bake peanut butter and chocolate bars from Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mocha Cupcakes from Lemons for Lulu
One Year Ago: Kitchen Sink Sundae & DIY Braided Scarf
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon Maple Granola (recipe below) or your favorite granola
- In a large bowl beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix to combine - the mixture will look really dry.
- Add milk, and mix until just combined and cookie dough is moistened.
- Mix in chocolate chips and oats by hand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together ingredients until still peaks form. Do not over beat.
- Place ¼ of the cookie dough in the bottom of a small serving dish. Top with ¼ of whipped cream. Repeat layers. I flattened out the second layer of cookie a bit before placing it in the dish to keep it from smooshing the whipped cream. Sprinkle granola on top of the second layer of whipped cream. Repeat for second parfait. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread granola onto a Sil-Pat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread into a thin layer.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola begins to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.