Not Your Mama’s BLT is a classic sandwich taken to a whole new level! It’s a modern twist on a lunch favorite.
I am freaking loving Bacon Month this year kids!
There are so many bacon happy recipes I can’t wait to try. You totally need to check out Wendy’s Mojito today. Holy crap! This week we’re giving away a copy of Seduced by Bacon. You can enter to win a copy at the bottom of this post. We’ll have more giveaway next week, so be sure to stop back by for more recipes and a new bacon centric cookbook!
I love the idea of a BLT, except the traditional T. Raw tomatoes are not my thing. Sure I’ll eat salsa, but the weird seedy membrane texture is SO not okay on my palate. To get the tomato flavor, we’re going sun-dried! My favorite way to eat a tomato! This sandwich is a twist on the classic sandwich made fancy with a delicious aioli. Mmmmm. Aioli. I would totally add avocado to this bad boy too, but alas there was none in the house. Lots of bacon, aioli, lettuce, a little cheese, and toasty bread is what it’s all about!
One Year Ago: Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices potato bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 sun-dried tomato halves (in oil)
- 1 clove minced garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon prepared garlic - crushed, gourmet gardens, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy over medium heat. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add mayo, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse until tomatoes are chopped and aioli is well combined. Stop and scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on one side of each of the slices of bread. Toast bread, butter side down, in a skillet until golden.
- Spread 1/2 of the aioli on the untoasted side of one slice of bread. Top with lettuce, cheese, and then bacon. Spread remaining aioli on the untoasted side of the other bread slice. Please aioli side down over bacon.
Hungry for More?