I don’t know about you, but we’ve been waiting and waiting to see Monsters University ever since the trailers first came out for it’s theater release. We haven’t attempted a movie theater trip with the boys yet, and to be honest, it’s way easier to throw on a movie at home. I spend less buying the movie at the store than buying 2 adult and 2 kid tickets, not to mention snacks and drinks. I’m cheap like that. When Monsters University arrived this week, we were super stoked!!
The boys wouldn’t stop telling Mike and I that the “new monsters movie” was here. All those movie trailers stuck in their heads. I had picked up some Monsters University cookies and macaroni & cheese at the store last week as a little surprise since they were so excited.
We seriously watched Monsters, Inc. like 7 times over the last 2 weeks. It’s been really bad – in a good way. The cookies were pre-cut and ready to go into the oven. I let the littles help. They thought it was the best morning ever.
While the cookies baked I made the Monsters University Macaroni for lunch. I didn’t even realize when I bought the macaroni that there were Monsters University school ID cards on the back. The boxes we got had Mike Wazowski card along with a blank make-your-own-ID card. After lunch I helped the boys make their cards. They are now officially scarers.
When the movie arrived, I wanted to really make a day of it with the boys. I think I saw the MU trailer where Sully turns Mike into a disco ball about a million and five times. Candied apples just seem like a perfect fit with the fall weather we are having now, and green apples may as well be Mike’s cousins. Hehe.
If your family is looking forward to this movie as much as we were, you won’t have to wait too much longer. The Monsters University Blue-ray Combo Pack is available October 29th. You can even pre-order Monsters University online so you have a guaranteed copy.
I grabbed some major silver sprinkles, green apples, and got dipping! The boys thought the apples were SO cool!! It made their day. These apples would be great for a Monsters, Inc., Monsters University, or Halloween party. Monsters are perfect for Halloween.
You can find out more about Monsters University on their Facebook page, Twitter, and get scary ideas, printables, and posters on their Pinterest board. BTW, the Monsters University website is really cool. It’s set up like a real college website. Super fun!
- 4 Granny Smith apples, stems removed
- One 12 ounce package white candy melts
- Wilton Silver Pearlized Sugar Sprinkles (or any silver square/rectangle shaped sprinkles you like)
- 4 lollipop sticks
- Place lollipop sticks where apple stems were. Use a hammer or meat mallet to drive the stick into the apple. Set aside.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave candy melts for 1 minute. Stir until melts begin to smooth. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds; stir. Repeat as needed until melts are completely smooth.
- Roll apple in candy melts, leaving some green showing at the top. Immediately pour lots of sprinkles all over the soft candy melts. You'll want to have a bowl under the apple to catch falling sprinkles. Don't be shy with your sprinkles, we're going for a disco ball look.
- Place apple, stick up, on a piece of parchment paper to set. Repeat with remaining apples.
This post is sponsored by Monsters University. I received a copy of the movie and compensation for my work. All opinions are 100% my own.