Hello first post of the new year. Nice to meet you. I can’t wait to try new recipe, sewing projects and all kinds of fun things with Thing 1 & Thing 2 this year.
We eat dinner really late here. Like weird late for most people. Mike works two jobs so that can stay home with the boys. He’s usually gone three to four nights a week. Those nights I sometimes cook dinner, and when I do it’s after Thing 2 is i bed…around 7:30. By this point in the day I want to make something that doesn’t require much thought or time.
I had some defrosted pork chops and I was trying to think of what to do with them. I knew I wanted white rice (yum!), but that was about the extent of my thought process. Then Frank’s hot sauce and honey sounded good. What to pair them with? Ketchup, yes! I still felt like I was missing something. As I grabbed the PAM to spray my skillet (non-stick isn’t always non-stick) I saw the soy sauce. Done and done. Welcome to my stream of cooking consciousness.
- 4 thin cut pork chops (if your chops are thick, butterfly them)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- Grill pork chops in skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Whisk together ketchup, honey, soy sauce and Frank’s. Brush glaze over cooked pork chops, turning after application so the glaze gets seared on a bit. Serve with white rice.