This week’s I Heart Cooking Clubs theme is Salud! I’m always one for a good cocktail, so of course I couldn’t resist putting together a great summer drink from Rick’s recipe collection.
I love berries in the summer, and Rick’s Blackberry Mojito spoke to me…okay it sang to me. Half the battle with cooking or making cocktails is working with what you’ve got. Some of my favorite recipes have come from not having all the right ingredients and winging it a little. That’s going on today. It worked out fantastically!
- 3 blackberries
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 to 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/4 ounces Bacardi Silver Rum
- 3/4 ounce Pinnacle Cake Vodka
- Soda water
- In a rocks glass, muddle together blackberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and mint leaves – chunks of fruit are okay.
- Add enough ice to fill the glass. Add rum and vodka. Top with lemonade and a splash of soda water. Stir cocktail and enjoy!