Deviled eggs aren’t Irish, but these ones are green so they’re in! I originally got this idea after seeing Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs from Lady Behind the Curtain. I thought the flavor combination sounded awesome. Bacon, Lettuce, and Avocado (BLA) sandwiches are my favorite!!!! However, the big chunks of avocado and bacon could potentially be messy and I like homogeneous bites.
So I decided to whip the eggs and avocado together and fold the bacon in. Tah dah! Green eggs and ham, hehe. A little late for Dr. Seuss’s birthday, but they’re green and something had to give. St. Patrick’s Day won. Also, these eggs would look great on your St. Patty’s party spread. Perhaps at a Beer Tasting Party, like this one from Hostess with the Mostess. I totally have plans to throw this kind of party the next year I have St. Patty’s off. Sadly, this year I will be working from 10am to 7pm. Sounds like Kegs & Eggs and late night drinking it is. Oh the pressures of an Irish holiday.
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon each : black pepper, salt, and onion powder
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set aside whites. Set aside 6 pieces of chopped bacon (one for each egg half).
- Scoop out avocado from skin and put in bowl with egg yolks. Add in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Smash everything together until smooth. Stir in bacon.
- Put egg yolk mixture into a small plastic Ziploc bag. Cut off one corner, big enough to fit bacon pieces through. Squeeze egg yolk mixture into ”cups” of egg whites.
- Refrigerate eggs until ready to serve. Place one piece of bacon on top of the egg yolk mixture to garnish just before serving