Have you ever walked through a store, seen a product, and had an “I wonder if that’s really any good” moment? I have, frequently. I was walking through Safeway last month and saw these Kraft Recipe Makers boxes near the meat case. There were 3 different flavors that all sounded good. But what were they really?
Than I lucked out, and was asked to review the very same product. Someone must have known. I grabbed the Verde Chicken Enchilada option. There are seven different varieties, but enchiladas are a familiar flavor at my house – no need scaring the boys. I’m definitely going to try the some of the other flavors – like Three Cheese Chicken Florentine and Asian Fish Tacos.
So each box of Kraft Recipe Makers has two savory sauces that you combine with fresh ingredients, then dinner’s ready in a jiff. Each box has a dish/flavor profile listed, and on the back has your shopping list and directions. No guessing. It’s all right there in front of you. If you just had enchiladas for the millionth time (like us), there are two more recipes options of the side of the box for your tasting pleasure.
Now sometimes I’m a bit of a rebel in the kitchen. While the recipes on the Kraft Recipe Makers box sounded delicious, I wanted to do something else. The Creamy Ranchero sauce sounded perfect for pasta and the Tomatillo finishing sauce was just happiness waiting to happen. I dug around the fridge and found the extra cooked shrimp I had from making Shrimp Mango Quesadillas for Otto’s birthday. Done and done. This recipe is super quick and easy with the Kraft Recipe Makers sauces, and it’s pack full of great flavors. I’ll definitely be making this again…and soon.
One Year Ago: Washi Tape Bangle
- 1 box Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchilada
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, rough chopped
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or milk
- 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- Fill a large pot half full with water. Bring to a boil, season generously with salt, and add fettuccine. Cook according to package directions, until al dente. Drain pasta.
- Open Kraft Recipe Makers box. Add the entire bottle of Creamy Ranchero Sauce to the pasta. Pour half-and-half into ranchero sauce bottle, close and shake bottle, and pour into pot with pasta. Add shrimp to pasta. Mix well until pasta and shrimp is well coated in sauce.
- Plate pasta. Drizzle with Tomatillo Finishing Sauce (2 to 3 tablespoons per plate). Top each plate with the juice of 1/2 a lime. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.