Happy Friday everyone! It’s been a crazy week around here on the blog and behind the scenes. But I’m moving forward in a lot of ways and taking big strides for a goal I’ve been wanting for a long time. I’ll keep you updated as things progress, but for now send good vibes.
Today’s dish is comforting and has just a little kick to it that is just fab! I mentioned how I’m obsessed with Miss Mary Bobo’s and this dish is a progression from the cookbook. After make my Hatch Chile, Chicken & Bacon Calzone adventure I still had pounds of chiles left. This casserole was jumping up and down and waving it’s non-existent hands to be made. So I made it! This whole dish was gone in 2 days between me and Mike. I put a big dollop of sour cream on top of my serving and went to town. I put sour cream on practically everything. It’s a hands down winner, make it forever dish in our house. Enjoy!
One Year Ago: Cuba Libra Granita
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup chopped hatch green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until it is done all the way through. Remove from pan. Allow to cool until you can handle it. Using two forks, shred the chicken; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, and green chiles. Add rice and chicken, mix to combine. Season mixture as needed.
- Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour half the rice mixture into dish and spread evenly. Top with 1 cup cheese. Top with the remaining rice mixture, spread evenly, and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.