Yay for GYCO post day!
I love seeing all the fabulous creations everyone has put together.
When Jen picked peanut butter for this month’s secret ingredient, I immediately knew I wanted to make this pizza. I have been thinking about it forever. It’s so colorful and I think the flavor combination would be magical. Now I had to find the perfect recipe to make my taste buds happy. I was in luck. This recipe from the All Natural Peanut Butter Company is to die for. It’s like a creamy, peanutty, spicy, crunchy flavor explosion in your mouth. You WILL NOT be sorry you made this pizza!
One Year Ago: Monster Page Corner Bookmarks
Thai Pizza with Peanut Butter Sauce
Author: Adapted from All Natural Peanut Butter & Co.
- 1 pizza crust (prepared or homemade)
- ¼ cup plus two tablespoons water
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5 ounces chicken breast
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Prepare pizza crust, if homemade; set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make sauce by stirring together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare toppings and set aside.
- Slice chicken thinly. Cut the strips into small ½″ to 1″ pieces. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with 1 tablespoon peanut butter sauce. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Spread pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Bake the pizza dough for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Put desired amount of sauce on the pizza crust. Leaving ½″ to 1″ crust boarder.
- Top with ¾ of the cheese. Spread cooked chicken over pizza, then top with bell pepper. Cover with remaining cheese. Finish be spreading green onions and carrots over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let sit for several minutes. Top pizza with with basil, cilantro, and peanuts before slicing.