If you are like me, I’m in recovery mode from the holidays. Even if you did not go off of the reservation too much, you’ve probably consumed more sugar, alcohol, and bread, than usual. A little bit of these extras can make you feel sluggish and bloated and let’s face it even a little bit addicted too. Yes, our taste buds and our brains become addicted very quickly to sugar and white flour and bad fats, just like our brains become addicted to alcohol and cocaine. So the best way to knock the habit is to go cold turkey for at least 3 days.
Here are 3 things that you can do right now to help you get your body back on track.
- Discover Protein Days – the food allowed on Protein Days reset your taste buds and brain and are a great tool to use every Monday to reset your brain and body after the weekend. After the Holiday season or vacation, I find that I need a Protein Day for at least 3 days to get rid of the cravings. (No, I’m not perfect even though I’m a nutritionist) In a nutshell, Protein Days omit any type of grain or starchy vegetable, sweet, or alcohol. Good fats and protein, nuts, lots of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit are allowed. Try this little trick…it works!!!
- Go for a 30-60 minute brisk walk daily, to help move the sludge out of your body and increase your endorphins (the feel good chemical)
- Drink this yummy detoxifying Lemonade:
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1 cucumber, halved
- ½ lemon
- 4 stalks of organic Romaine lettuce
- 5 drops of liquid stevia, optional
- Rinse all of your ingredients and feed into your favorite juicer. (I like to add a bit of water to the lemonade at this point.)
- If you'd like your lemonade a little sweeter, add 5 drops of liquid stevia.
Here’s to feeling good again and to a great start in 2015!!!
If you want to really refresh your body, join me for a 30-Detox to reset your brain and body! You can get all the details of what’s involved and how the detox group and myself will be there to support you every step of the way by clicking the link below!