Hi WLOW fans! I’m happy to be back guest posting with another dessert recipe. As you may or may not know, our host Julie turned 30 this month. Have you read her 30 before 30 list? It was awesome and she checked off most of her items – yay Julie! (note: my something before something list would be a different number but I’m not saying what!)
Every though her birthday is over I wanted to make something special for the occasion – when I asked she said her favorites were cheesecake or chocolate chip cookies. I decided to go with cookies because it is summer and almost back to school time (sorry kids!) and these are easy to take anywhere.
Can you tell what’s in them? This cookie has it all – oatmeal, mega chocolate semi-sweet chunks, toasted pecans and a special ingredient that kicks it up a notch – a Lindt’s dark chili chocolate bar substituted for some of the semi-sweet chunks. It’s awesome – adding just a hint of spice – it’s a great combination of flavors and a nice chewy texture.
Pull up a seat, grab a glass of milk and dig in!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats
- 8 ounces mega chocolate chips
- 3.5 ounce Lindt Chili Chocolate bar chopped
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy then add both eggs and the vanilla and continue mixing until well combined
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats. Mix well then add to other mixture.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate and pecans; mix well
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 2 T of dough 2” apart on sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, remove from oven then cool on pan for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and if you make yourself a batch, let me know what you think.
See you next month!