Our 4-ingredient, ooey, gooey Chili Cheese Dog Dip is sure to be the hit of your game day get together!
When we have friends over to watch a game on TV I always put out a spread for everyone to nibble on. Wings, meatballs, cocktail sausages, the crack cheeseball, and dip. Dip is a must!! With this recipe I mashed up two of our favorite game dip eats. Chili dogs and dip…because it’s the best idea ever!
The boys raved about this dip. I couldn’t stop eating it. (Okay, yes I stopped because you don’t eat a whole pan of dip by yourself…in one sitting.) I grabbed some corn chips for serving. You guys, it was like the best frito pie ever!
Mike isn’t big on beans in his chili so I grabbed the No Beans Hormel® Chili, but you could totally get the kind with beans. (Grab a COUPON HERE!) Also, if you’re into onions on your chili cheese dogs, go for it. You can mix 1/2 a white onion that’s been diced into the dip before cooking, or dice the onion, rinse it under cold water, and then sprinkle the onion top of the warm dip. Trust me. This recipe’s a keeper!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these other chili-tastic recipes from my friends!
- 4 hot dogs
- One 15 ounce can Hormel® Chili (with or without beans, we used no beans)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice the hot dogs cutting them into small pieces. This will help make sure you get hot dog in almost every bite. If you want bigger hot dog pieces in your dip that's fine, but I like the distribution of small pieces.
- Combine the hot dogs, Hormel chili, 4 ounces cheddar cheese, and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Transfer the dip into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish and spread evenly in the dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining 4 ounces of cheddar cheese over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbling.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Serve warm. (We like our dip with corn chips!)