Hey WLOW fans! I’m Corine AKA Rina. I blog over at I Thee Cook. I am one of Julie’s newest contributors for WLOW and I am so very excited to be here on this awesome blog and share my main dish recipes with you. You can see my recipes here once every month.
These Baked Blackened Chicken Tacos are super easy to make and the relish…well OMG! I just love anything chicken and anything southwest. They just make a perfect marriage. You can make the chicken ahead of time, just assemble and pop in the oven when you are ready. Then slather with the relish. Be sure to check back next month for my next recipe.
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ cup teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper, more if you like it spicy
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 18 crunchy corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer. Rub each piece generously with seasoning.
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the chicken and cook each side about 5 minutes or until done. It will be blackened. Remove from pan to cool. Once cool enough to handle shred with two forks.
- Fill taco shells and set upright in oven-proof pan. You can use two 13" x 9" dishes or one large cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- Top each taco with the relish and serve.
Until next time~Rina