A quick and easy meal that is perfect for leftovers or kids school lunches is homemade pizza. One of our favorites is Bacon Spinach Tomato Pizza!
This is back to school week for us. I have five kids going to five different school this year and my son who is in high school started this week! He is a growing boy who needs a lot of sustenance when it comes to meals. Adding bacon, spinach and tomato to a pizza was the perfect choice for him. It has the meat, which he craves, and the veggies which makes me feel better about what he is eating.
This pizza takes a few steps to make but it can be made the day before, then reheated for the lunch boxes or for an afternoon snack, which is exactly how these pizzas were consumed. ENJOY!
- 1 pizza dough ball, divided into two
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cooked
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup chopped onions
- Preheat over 400 degrees. Prepare one large round pizza pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Roll out each pizza dough.
- Spread 2 tablespoons tomato sauce on top of each pizza.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon garlic powder and dried oregano to each pizza.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese on top.
- Sprinkle each pizza with half the bacon, spinach,tomatoes and onions.
- Cook for 12 minutes. Cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut and ENJOY!
To cook bacon: place bacon on a microwavable plate and cook for 2 minutes 20 seconds. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from microwave.
Enter this week’s Bacon Month giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway