Welcome to another edition of The Secret Recipe Club!
This month I was assigned Christine’s Cooking Chronicles. Per the usual, I found a bunch of recipes I wanted to try. Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bottom Cheesecake, Balsamic-Honey Glazed Roast Beef Sandwiched with French Dip, Chicken Marsala Risotto, and Grilled Steakhouse Pizza…how could I choose?
I didn’t. I made Mike choose. He hounded me for days to make these truffles. I barely hid enough of the Oreos before he got to them. The Golden ones are his favorite. These truffles are such a great spin on the original Oreo Truffles everyone knows and loves. I have big plans to start spinning these little guys every which way to Sunday into different flavors. Thanks so much for such an awesome idea Christine!!
One Year Ago: Chai Latte Cupcakes
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup Apple Pie Filling, pureed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, divided
- 2 packages White Chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Crushed Pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Add the Oreos to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin crush the Oreos until finely ground. Transfer a large bowl and mix together with the apple pie filling, cream cheese and ginger. Once combined, portion tablespoonfuls and form into small balls. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in a glass bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until fully melted. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Remove the balls from the fridge and dip into the chocolate, making sure they are coated evenly. Place truffles back onto the foil lined baking sheet and repeat until all the truffles are covered. Sprinkle pecans on top, if desired, and refrigerate until hardened.