Good morning everyone. Today I’m happy to welcome one of my button swap sponsors, Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life. I met Dana through my weekly link party. I saw her Ultimate Game Day Nachos with Sriracha-Lime Sour Cream and I knew I had to have them. Not to mention I could always go for a glass of White Peach Sangria. Today Dana was nice enough to bring a perfect treat for summer barbecues. So without further ado, here’s Dana…
Hi there! I am sharing with you all a very decadent summer time treat! Frozen s’mores with toasted marshmallow ice cream really takes the campfire classic to the next level!
In this post and I going to show you how to make the ice cream, the “magic shell” chocolate sauce and the assembly of these mini frozen s’mores!
- 1½ cup half & half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Honey graham crackers
- You will definitely need to make the ice cream ahead of time for this. You need to toast the marshmallows before we make the ice cream base. I did this by using my grill, stacking the marshmallows on the end of a two tonged fork and getting them nicely charred. When they are done, you are ready to make the ice cream!
- In a sauce pot over medium low heat add the half and half and cream. Once this is warm add the marshmallows and melt them in the mixture. Stir this occasionally.
- While you are waiting on your marshmallows to melt in a separate bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a whisk until combined and set aside. You want the mixture on the stove to just come to a simmer. Take this off the heat and add about ¼ cup at a time to the egg mixture stirring constantly until most of the cream mix is added.
- Pour this all back in the pot and heat on medium low heat until thickened. You know this is done when it will coat the back of a spoon. Let the pot sit on the counter for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid with a fine mesh colander and pour into an air tight container. Let the mix sit over night in the fridge.
- Churn mixture the next day to the directions on your ice cream maker. Place into another air tight container and let freeze completely in the freezer for at least two hours before assembly.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter into a microwave safe container. Microwave for about a minute until it is smooth in consistency and there are no lumps.
- Line a plate with plastic wrap or wax paper. Break the graham crackers into the ¼th sections. Using a melon baller scoop out little scoops of ice cream to cover the graham cracker and top with the other side.
- Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. Take them out and dip them half way in the chocolate and let them harden for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you sooo much to Julie for letting me guest post today! Make sure you check out my blog for more recipes, fashion, crafts and the occasional ramble!
This Silly Girl’s Life