Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! I wasn’t about to go sweet today with the big game on. What would Mike think? Actually he’d probably be happy to scarf everything, savory and sweet, that was put out before him. But let’s keep it a little manly, shall we?
I first saw this recipe at on of my Wednesday Whatsits linky parties from Twirl & Taste. To my great dismay there was no picture to pin, so I’ve had this dip bookmarked for a while now. Now Twirl & Taste requires a paid membership to read their site, but that’s okay. I found a similar recipe from a different site, and that’s the one I used. I made the dip for Christmas at my mom’s house. Mom LOVED the dip! Mike, who was weary with there being sausage in the mix, is even on the Hissy Fit train.
Here’s the back story from GroupRecipes:
“Rumor has it that the first time this was served at an SEC tailgating party; it was so popular that it was gone in no time flat! One uppity Southern belle who missed tasting the new recipe was distraught and pitched a big hissy fit, hence forth the name.”
So here’s a guaranteed winner for your party today. If you hit the store now, you’ll be all set for this evening. And if you need a back up plan or second chip/cracker dipping option…it’s Hot Wing Dip all the way!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese, grated
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped into tiny pieces
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until crumbled and brown. Drain sausage and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9? x 9? baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients to sausage. Stir until blended. Pour dip ingredients into prepared baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, spread the ingredients evenly in the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers, veggies, chip, or whatever your taste buds are jonesing for.