Hello loves. Today’s dish is one of my favorite recipes. It’s family friendly, can be doctored up any way you like it, and you make it in the crock pot. All day cooking with no work, and your house smells amazing. Always a win!
Oh, and on a completely unrelated note…
Political or not, this is A – wait for it – mazing!
Okay, now you can eat.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 pound bottom round roast
- 4 limes, halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Sear roast on all sides until well browned, about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Add onion, jalapeno, chili powder, and cumin to crock pot. Juice lime halves into crock pot and mix ingredients together. Place seared roast into crock pot, fat side down, and rub into spices. Flip roast over (fat side up) and rub bottom in spices.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Flipping the roast once, about half way through.
- Remove roast form crock pot to a 9″ x 13″ pan. Strain liquid in crock pot; discard solids. Using two forks, shred roast into bite sized-ish pieces.
- Pour about ⅓ of the reserved liquid over the shredded beef; mix to combine. Add more liquid as desired for moistness and extra flavor.
- Wrap beef with cheese, sour cream, and sriracha (if desired) in a large flour tortilla. Feel free to add your own favorite ingredients too!