Did you survive Halloween? Well too bad if you didn’t because Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks. Ah!! Kidding. You’ll be fine. Take a deep breath. Make this Peanut Butter bark and you’ll forget all bout your in-laws coming into town, roasting and entire turkey and hoping it doesn’t get dry and 15 kids running around your house screaming.
Ummm…get a bottle of wine too. Trust me. Chocolate and Peanut Butter alone can only do so much.
One Year Ago: Philly Cooking Creme Review
Reese’s Peanut Butter Bark
Serves: 1 pound of bark
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces Reese’s Peanut Butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Cover cookie sheet wit wax paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at 50% power an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in a second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at 50% power an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts.
- Alternately spoon the chocolate and peanut butter mixtures onto the prepared tray; swirl with a knife for a marbled effect. Gently tap the tray on counter top to even out thickness or mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in a cool, dry place.
Just keep swirling, everything will mix together beautifully.