This has been a whirlwind of a weekend. The best part though was going to the AZ Online BlogCon meet up. It was my second time meeting other bloggers and it was so much nicer than the first go round. We had a really fun group of girls. We had so much fun in fact that were planning to get together every few months. Yay!
If you remember, Friday when I shared Chicken Cordon Bleu I promised you all the recipe for the best side dish EVER. So here it is. You’ve never had creamed corn like this. Get that runny store bought stuff from a can out of your head. This is totally different and you will most likely want to eat it all yourself and not even tell your family you made this corn so there’s more for you. Just sayin’.
- 8 strips bacon, cut into ½″ pieces
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed garlic (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels cut off (or an equal amount of frozen corn)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease from skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeno to skillet. Cook until onion begins to soften. Be sure to scrape the brown bits from the pan.
- Add corn to pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until corn is tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Break cream cheese into small pieces and add to pan along with heavy cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir often until cream cheese has melted.
- Remove creamed corn to serving bowl and top with bacon.
Hungry for More?