So, one of my co-workers has a big ol’ crush on Orange Crush. She wears an Orange Crush shirt, has a lunch box, and goes off on it in general. See…
I promised her, I’d crop the photo. I’m legit like this. So for Trish we have Orange Crush Cupcakes. These bad boys got her seal of approval, which is a big deal. The shirt was a condition of the cupcakes. She had to wear it or I wouldn’t give up the goods
Orange Crush Cupcakes
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces Orange Crush
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 to 7 cups powdered sugar, depending how thick you like your frosting
- 1/2 cup Orange Crush
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat for one minute more.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, and baking soda. Alternate adding flour mixture and soda to butter mixture. Mix until well blended. Add orange zest and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin cups to fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting. Beat butter until fluffy. Add in Orange Crush and orange juice; mix to combine. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. If you like your frosting thicker, add more powdered sugar.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost and enjoy!