Knock Off Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit

I love dining out.  It’s a treat for us and we make it worthwhile.  Mike and I go the full gamete – appetizer, salad if we fee like it, entrees, maybe a drink, maybe dessert.  We love to eat and love good food.

That being said, I hadn’t been to Red Lobster since I was a kid.  I remembered my experiences fondly and loved their bread.  I think I’m made my bread fixation well known at this point.  It was a fond memory.  When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give the biscuits a try.  To my delight they were just as I remembered.  Then about a year later, Mike and I ended up at Red Lobster.  We ordered, ate, and got their biscuits.  I didn’t remember them being so salty.  I was disappointed with my memory of the bread, but grateful to have my recipe.  These biscuits may be knock offs, but I think they’re better than the original.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits 1

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Knock Offs

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 10 biscuits
Ingredients
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • ⅔ cup milk
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Mix Bisquick, milk, and cheddar cheese until a soft dough forms, then beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Biscuits will retain their shaped through out baking.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
  4. Mix melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush generously over warm biscuits before removing the from the cookie sheet. Serve warm.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits 2

Comments

1. says

I LOVE Red Lobster biscuits! I was just telling my BIL about them the other day – he's never been to a Red Lobster before (crazy, right??). Perhaps instead of dragging him to one, I'll make a batch instead :) Thanks so much for sharing!

I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays, going on now through Wednesday! Hope to see you there!

2. says

Would you believe that I've never had these at Red Lobster? I know!! Well, now I can just make them myself. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

3. says

These looks super delicious. I have never actually been to Red Lobster (gasp!) I know, but I'm not a fish eater, so I haven't ever tried these biscuits. I keep seeing them everywhere and I do love a good flavorful biscuit so I'll definitely give them a try. Thanks for sharing :)

4. says

You are my new hero. I found a mix that made RL-like biscuits but then one day I read the ingredients and I was traumatized by all the junk in them. Now I can make these instead!

Thanks for linking up at What's Cluckin!

5. says

I've never had Red Lobster biscuits, but they look good with the garlic & cheese. Thanks for linking them with See Ya In the Gumbo.

6. says

Thank you for linking up these biscuits to my Unveil Your Genius link party last week! :) I love these things! I worked at Red Lobster while in high school and for an entire week, I made biscuits during my shift. At first it was fun, cause I loved them! LOL but then it got sooo boring!! :) And I was glad I was a hostess and the regular person came back from vacation.