I made these cookies for Thing 2′s first birthday party. Our friend Elizabeth liked them so much she asked me to make Elmo cookies for her daughter’s 2nd birthday. I’m so flattered!
Clown Fish Cookies
1/2 recipe No Fail Sugar Cookies, cut into large fish shapes, baked, and cooled
1 recipe Royal Icing
Red & Yellow gel food coloring (or orange)
Black gel food coloring
Piping bag couplers
#3 piping tip
#10 piping tip
Split royal icing into 3 bowls.
- Bowl #1 – about 1/4 cup icing
- Bowl #2 – just over 1/3 of the remaining icing
- Bowl #3 – remaining icing.
- Bowl #1 – black
- Bowl #2 – leave alone (white)
- Bowl #3 – orange, to your desired shade
- White – 1/4 cup in a separate bowl; set aside
- Orange – 2/3 cup in a separate bowl; set aside