Last night I didn’t know what to do for dinner. I had defrosted some chicken, but couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do with it. I saw bacon and turned to breakfast burritos instead. Yes, I make Brinner sometimes.
This morning I saw the chicken again, sitting in my fridge, taunting me. I ignored the snarky bird, grabbed a water and logged onto Facebook. To my delight AllRecipes had posted Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken. I checked the ingredient list and I had almost everything already. Take that chicken! I know what I’m making for dinner now.
But about a side dish? I had a Lemon Risotto recipe sitting on one of my Pinterest boards waiting for me to get up the courage to try a risotto. I was ready to try, but I only had long grain rice in the house. Apperantly there is no substituting the short grain/arborio rice in a risotto recipe. The only other thing that came to mind was Rice Pilaf. Thanks to my googling prowess, I found Alton Brown’s Rice Pilaf recipe and I had almost everything I needed for it in the house. Sold!
I went to take pictures with my camera and my SD card was MIA. Ugh!
So here is the photo shown on AllRecipes.
from All Recipes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ? teaspoon ground red pepper (or ¼ teaspoon cayenne)
- ? teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ? teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Juice of 6 or 7 limes
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, ground red pepper, paprika, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of each chicken breast until well coated.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes or each side until a crust forms and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat chicken with sauce, flipping chicken once.
from Alton Brown Ingredients Directions
from Alton Brown